This is not actually a casserole, but it reminds me of tuna casserole….so that’s what I’m calling it :-)
If you need something fast and easy, make this. It makes 5 large servings for the week, or 10 small servings.
I ate mine everyday this week for lunch and it was a large serving and kept me full for hours.
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole.
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 packages of organic broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 1 1/4 c of paleo mayo
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- 3 tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds
1) pull all the chicken off your rotisserie and set the bones aside (you can use it for bone broth later)
2) in a large bowl, empty the bags of broccoli slaw, add the pulled chicken, cranberries, and chopped broccoli.
Make the paleo mayo.
You can do this by hand or in a blender/food processor.
1) separate 3 egg yolks, toss the whites in a container and eat at breakfast the next day.
2) let the yolks come to room temperature. Once at room temp. start to vigorously whisk, or if using a blender, pulse 3-4 times.
3) once you’ve mixed the yolks, begin adding some extra virgin olive oil. A little at a time until it begins to thicken just slightly.
4) continue mixing and adding olive oil until it reaches a thick consistency (it will turn lighter in color as you add more olive oil).
5) once the desired thickness is reached, add a little vinegar (approx. 1 tbsp). I personally love rice vinegar or red wine vinegar.
6) stir in the vinegar, then add the honey, poppy seeds, and a touch of S&P.
7) quickly incorporate and pour the mayo over the broccoli slaw/chicken mixture.