I want to take the time to thank all the people that have contributed to the success of PG/Team BlackList/PG Paleo this year:
First and foremost, our athletes. Y’all are phenomenal, we love you!
WOD Outlet for all your support and assistance.
Paradise Donuts, Dunkin Donuts, and Krispy Kreme, thanks for helping our athletes hit PR’s.
Any and every coffee shop, for allowing us to continue on even when our bodies want to give out.
Tony the team doctor – thanks for always answering our questions and helping our athletes.
Dr. Feito, thanks for speaking at the Summit and making my husbands year!
CrossFit West Cobb, for allowing us to inundate your box every Saturday during the Open and the use of your gym for the Summit.
And last but not least, all the boxes that believe in PG (from Maine to Florida to Texas and Cali) – thanks for everything!
The day after Christmas my MIL flew in from the West Coast and was here through the 2nd, enough time to allow my husband and I our first adult night out on NYE since 1999.
When she was here back in May I introduced her to paleo eating and what was good, some easy recipes, and how to steer around the bad choices at restaurants. She lost 5 lbs that week she was with us.
Before she arrived this week she told me she fell off the wagon between Thanksgiving and Christmas and was happy to be here and able to get back on the clean eating train.
One of the dishes I made for her while she was here was a Kale salad. It’s seriously an amazing salad. Even for those who don’t usually eat greens because they don’t care for their bitterness.
I make my daughter try a bite of everything we eat. Whether it’s greens, venison, or some crazy other stuff. She has to try a small portion.
I put this kale salad on her plate and of course she made the – ‘oh great I have to eat this green stuff face’
– 2 bunches of lacinato kale, deveined and chopped into bite size pieces
– 1/2 c dried cranberries
– 2 apples, peeled and diced (I prefer pink lady or honey crisp)
– 1/2 c olive oil
– 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
– S&P to taste
– 4 mandarin oranges, halved
– 1 tbsp honey
1) put the kale into a large bowl, you can do this in a mixing bowl or the serving dish you plan on using.
2) throw the cranberries and diced apples on top of the kale
3) in a large glass mixing bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, S&P, squeeze in the juice from 4 mandarin oranges and add the honey
4) whisk all the ingredients well in the glass bowl and pour over the kale.
5) serve and enjoy – this dish is best chilled for 30 minutes prior to serving
If you have plans on attending the jam session at CF West Cobb, see you there. If not….well you’re missing out!
Peace and Afro Grease.